Help with insulation and sound proofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I have two questions regarding sound proofing and insulation.

im almost at the end of my 7 month project and before Monday I need to build a frame around this soil pipe so that the plaster can then plaster board and skim.

my question is once I have built my frame to go around the soil pipe what shall I used inside the wall. this wall is a wall into the garage so its almost like and out side wall. I wont to make sure that it doesn't let out the heat or let in the old so I was going to fill this area with insulation. I do have a bit of insulation which was around my hot water tank which no longer exists which I was going to use but I don't think it will be enough. also as the soil pipe is there I was to sound proof this area a bit so when the toilet is flushed you don't hear the water coming down the pipe. any ideas on what the best insulation/ sound proofing to use?

my second question is purely on sound proofing. I have recently fitted ceiling speakers in my lounge and kitchen. before I put the floor boards down upstairs I thought it might be a good idea to add a bit of sound proofing either side of the speaker so that it stops the sound travelling. whats the best sound proofing to use between the floor boards?

I hope you can help

thanks

dan

Sponsored Links
Just pack the void around the pipe with fibreglass quilt.

For optimum sound insulation in the floor, you need the sound-insulation batts, which have a higher density than the normal rolls of fibreglass. Your local builders merchant should be able to advise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back