Sound proofing American fridge housing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening chaps.

I want to know the best way to sound proof an American fridge housing? I have ordered a sound proof mat which I am putting underneath the feet but I want to sound proof the back wall and both sides of the housing which has cupboards either side. Has anyone done this before. Cannot find any self adhesive stickers or anything on the internet.

Cheers

Bob

Sponsored Links
How loud is the fridge? Is it working right? Is the kitchen already in or being installed? If already installed is any part of the fridge touching the cupboards causing a vibration and noise? If you have limited space in a installed kitchen, your options to add sound insulation are limited.

You could investigate the sound deadening mats they use in car audio installs - not cheap, but thin and are designed to cut out noise and rattles e.g. https://www.deadening.co.uk/products/silent-coat-2mm-mat-volume-pack

It's very quiet,my Mrs can't hear but I have superhero senses and can hear it slightly. Those things for cars looks spot on ! Thank you I am going to stick these to the back wall and sides. It only touches the back wall slightly . 40mm gap each side of the housing . It is not level yet either !!

Do some research on sound deadening first - that was just something I plucked from google - with a 40mm gap each side, I'd be trying to find something that pretty much filled it. That 2mm stuff would still leave a 38mm gap for sound to escape.

Dunno how good regular wall insulation would be put in there with a wooden baton at the front to hide it? You'd obviously have to consider what air movement the fridge requires to work properly and loose the heat from the back

Sponsored Links
Those pads will stop the vibrations up the wall I think so I am gonna buy a pack definately. Cheers though very good idea.

It's very quiet,my Mrs can't hear but I have superhero senses and can hear it slightly. Those things for cars looks spot on ! Thank you I am going to stick these to the back wall and sides. It only touches the back wall slightly . 40mm gap each side of the housing . It is not level yet either !!

Before you start spanking cash on acoustic things, get it not touching the back wall and get it level. A stud wall especially will tend to amplify any vibration. And touching the back wall slightly (bit like slightly pregnant) is probably the worst case- wedged hard against the wall or completely separate from the wall would probably give you less noise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back