Help with joints

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Ok so i,m new at this and having trouble cutting out what i,m asuming are lap joints, i,m making two door's for a bookcase and have the outside four edges cut perfectlyon mitres so i have a perfect rectangle :D but i,m trying to put two struts (sorry if not the right term) across each door to give me 3 glass panels in each door.
Now the problem, i'm trying to cut the struts only half way through the side panels so you don't see a rough egde when you open the door just a nice smooth pice of wood, i have a router but thats about it in power tools that might help.

I have seen people use table saw's by lowering the blade and mitre saw's ect but i don,t have either of these and even if i did how would i cut out the side of the door panel as it,s only going half way through. :confused:

Thanks for any help you can give

Martin

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back