Help with Laminate flooring.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there i wondered if anyone could be of help. Ive just bought some laminate flooring from Wickes with the aim to laying it in the living room.

I've read up both online and in DIY book on how to lay the stuff. I layed the first strip on the longest and straightes wall on the right hand side of the living room, running from window to french doors. All was going swimmingly until i got to lay the second strip.

The rule of thumb i suppose is to click all the short ends of the second strip together untill the line is complete and then all in one go, attempt to pick the whole lot up at a 30 degree angle and slot it into the first strip.

This in theory is easy. That was however until i tried to acheive the 30 degree angle with radiator pipes running along the skirting board at one end of the room.

Try as i may i cannot seem to get enough angle whilst under the pipes for the laminate to lock.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Will a shorter length help?
or
You may need to cut a piece of the tongue away

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back