help with lintle please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi nearly finished my extension and am at the stage were i need to sort out the opening in to house.there was a small extension here before and am using the same opening but after taken some of the plaster of the arch of bricks does not seem that solid and is a bit wobbly so am thinking im going to have to but a steal beam in.there is no mention of this on my drawings and was woundering what sort of size i will need??
inside skin of bricks has a large wooden beam whitch looks fine. opening is 1900mm so i guess it will need to be 2200mm long? bricks are 100mm thick 150 high
so question is what sort of beam will i have to use,how much routhly,and how whould i go about fitting it im guessing i will have to use strong boys in the course above??
i relise i will probly need to get a s/e report and will speak to building control when hes here next
what do u guys think View media item 31493

Sponsored Links
It's hard to say what you would need, depends on what is above that opening?
It looks a bit dodgy but without knowing what weight is being carried, I could be wrong.
If building controls are involved, which I expect they should be. They will ask for SE calcs, if the opening is a structural one and carrying a load.
So if that is the case I would get your SE in for calcs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back