Help with Nest E Heat Link Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all

I'm walking through moving to a nest e from a neomitis and I was hoping someone could let me know if I've made the right assumptions about the wiring please? On the photos below am I right in thinking I need the brown live as the C wire on the nest and the black as the NO?

wiring 1.jpg
wiring 2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Brill, thank you. Do the blue and brown need to go in the same clip to terminate them or doesn't it matter, i.e. even though the clips are together they're insulated from each other?

Sponsored Links
Weirdly, black and grey in the heat link= no power to the boiler at all. The only way the boiler will turn on is if the brown is in C and grey is NO. But then the thermostat can't draw turn the heating on and the radiators stay cold. Hot water works though.. I might need to swallow my pride and get someone in and confess I've been experimenting

If you have some time control elsewhere, such as integral to the boiler or a separate programmer / timeswitch, that should be set to be permanently 'on' 24/7 otherwise it will interfere with the operation of the Nest-e. Electrically the correct connections are as @flameport

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back