Help with new light fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I am trying to replace an existing ceiling rose with a new chandelier light fitting.

I removed the old light wihout making a note of which wires went where (stupid mistake :oops:).

The cables coming down from the ceiling are 1 x blue, 3 x brown and 2 x earth.

The new fitting has the live, neutral and earth wires connected to one of these:

So my question is which wires from the ceiling goes in where? Any info gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Hi everyone, I am trying to replace an existing ceiling rose with a new chandelier light fitting.

I removed the old light wihout making a note of which wires went where (stupid mistake :oops:).

The cables coming down from the ceiling are 1 x blue, 3 x brown and 2 x earth.

The new fitting has the live, neutral and earth wires connected to one of these:

So my question is which wires from the ceiling goes in where? Any info gratefully received.

I presume that there are two 'cables' each containing three 'wires'.

Please confirm that one of the 'cables' contains two browns plus an earth
and the other contains one brown and one blue plus an earth.

I presume that there are two 'cables' each containing three 'wires'.

Please confirm that one of the 'cables' contains two browns plus an earth
and the other contains one brown and one blue plus an earth.

Yep, that's what I've got coming out the ceiling.

Sponsored Links
@heathelect- Thanks for the reply, I was mainly unsure of what to do with the three brown wires, hopefully EFLImpudence's diagram will get everything sorted now :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back