Help with plumbing for bath tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I plan to install a bath - shower mixer tap.
The cold and hot are the wrong way around, so i needed flexible hose to swap them.
What i don't understand is how can i connect the flexible pipes to the 22mm end or the 15mm end to the receptive elbows shown in the below.

As it currently has the olive thing where you connect it to pipe, are there flexible hoses that will connect to these elbows without hassle.
If so might you be able to link them.
I think the size i need are one 15mm by 3/4" and one 22mm by 3/4"

Appreciate any replies.
124264-431b9dbd1fd9e1ce80388a00e677eedf.jpg

Here the current flexible hose i bought http://www.screwfix.com/p/hose-22mm-x-mm-x-300mm/27356

Sponsored Links
To fit that hose, the existing elbow is removed and the hose attached directly to the pipe.
It may be possible to use the existing nut and olive from the elbow, if not then the existing olive will have to be cut off (or just cut the pipe below the olive).
The other end with the rubber washer screws onto the tap.

Note that the flow through flexible hoses will be significantly reduced compared to using copper as the inner bore is much smaller.

To fit that hose, the existing elbow is removed and the hose attached directly to the pipe.
It may be possible to use the existing nut and olive from the elbow, if not then the existing olive will have to be cut off (or just cut the pipe below the olive).
The other end with the rubber washer screws onto the tap.

Note that the flow through flexible hoses will be significantly reduced compared to using copper as the inner bore is much smaller.
Do you think an attachment like this http://www.screwfix.com/p/endex-straight-tap-connector-22mm-x/64190
would work as the hose will bend to a bad shape if i attach it directly to the copper pipe and i don't want to cut any pipe.

If so do you know if thats the correct size i would need?

Maybe there are other flexible hose threaded on both ends?

The item you've linked too won't work - it's designed to connect to a tap tail at one and to copper pipe (with a soldered joint) at the other.

Using a flexible hose onto the compression elbow is not a good idea - the compression elbow has a (relatively) sharp edge that may damage the washer in the flexible connector.

As suggested above (@flameport) - remove the horizontal pipe and elbow and try the flexible connector with the remaining olive and backnut

Sponsored Links
The item you've linked too won't work - it's designed to connect to a tap tail at one and to copper pipe (with a soldered joint) at the other.

Using a flexible hose onto the compression elbow is not a good idea - the compression elbow has a (relatively) sharp edge that may damage the washer in the flexible connector.

As suggested above (@flameport) - remove the horizontal pipe and elbow and try the flexible connector with the remaining olive and backnut
Thank you i appreciate reply, i didn't think it would.
The flexible tube will not bend easy at the angle if i cut before the elbow.
Hopefully if i get small copper tubes to connect one end to the elbow and the other the flexi hose that will be ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back