Help with skip hire company

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been trying to get my skip hire company to remove my full skip for two months now without sucess. The skip is paid for but for some reason they wont get someone to pick it up. Is becoming a bit of a fire hazard.
Anyone know what i should do to force them to collect the skip.

Sponsored Links
Is the skip on your property or roadside?
You could consider calling The Environment Agency, they are the people that licence waste trader/skip companies.
If you know someone or can contact someone how is willing to lift ithe skip off your property on to the roadside, the skip company must have a licence for it be there and can get quite heavy fines if they don't.
You could call them and inform them you are intending to remove it from your property, to the roadside and see what happens.

cant see why any skip company would not want to pick up a bin, unless its overloaded or contains anything it shouldnt (not saying it is or has)

Sponsored Links
It's not overloaded. It's filled with the usual building rubble, wood, carpet etc.
Contacted the council, still waiting for them to getbackto me.

Try phoning them and saying you will be needing another skip next week but have to clear some space on to locate it.. and need the current one removing to make the space usable..

Then cancel the second skip after they collect..

Try phoning them and saying you will be needing another skip next week but have to clear some space on to locate it.. and need the current one removing to make the space usable..

Then cancel the second skip after they collect..

Bit of a gamble though, they'll surely turn up with an empty skip to off load?

/knows nothing about skip hire :p

Could depend on the size of the company, owner driver with one vehicle has found himself off the road for any number of reasons, simply cannot collect his skip..... Id write to the company, giving them notice that you wish their bin to be removed within 7 days or you will assume they no longer require their bin and you'll be contacting a rival operator and requesting they take it away and keep the skip!

Shouldnt be a problem, someone round here is helping themselves to 35cu yd RO/RO bins during the small hours.......

We have been ringing them two three times a week for the last month. Every time they say someone will be round to pickup the skip.
Tried ordering a new skip from them to see if the full one gets picked up but that didn't arrive.
Going to try that idea of serving them notice next week

Get onto another Skip Company and tell them that if they will collect it, they can keep it.

Then phone the other company and tell them what you did.

Let us know what happens. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back