Skip hire company taking the p**s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I hired an 8yrd skip from a local company over 2 weeks ago. I knocked down an old brick outhouse and filled the skip within 2 days. I gave the company a call to ask for collection. They said it would be done the next day. Nothing happened. It's now been over 2 weeks since I first requested collection. I have phoned every day and got every excuse going;

"The driver forgot", "The dump is shut so we can't off load", "You're at the top of the list" etc etc. :evil:

Is there anything I can do to get these jokers to collect? I have already paid them when it was delivered.

I have already lost 2 weeks of prep for a new building as I can't get access until it's moved.

Cheers, J

Sponsored Links
Hi, Jblack,
I had this problem when I was working in Ham, near Rochester.
Eventually they came to collect, but not before the client had lost it with me.
I would suggest you start making bad publicity noises at them, and or solicitors letters threats etc. or tell them you will get another firm to remove it by, (end of week) and you will bill them for the cost.
Being 'nice' just doesn't work anymore.

Sponsored Links
BTW, Ham isn't near Rochester, It's near Richmond, (typo)

This happens quite often with me the same excuses, could not get access etc.
However I have found thay come v quick when you say you want a swap then just say sorry changed my mind and get them to take it away.
They do get arsey but then 2 weeks is a long time blocking your drive and schedule!
Pete

That doesn't give me much hope. I called on Wed to get our skip collected. They said either Thurs or Friday, I called Friday and he said def will be done. Still here today, I called this morn and they don't collect on Sat so I am now looking at Tues. Pain as I have sand & gravel coming and its on my lawn.

This is the first time I've had a prob with collection and also the first time I have paid up front so I think next time I won't be paying until its collected.

Belinda

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back