How full is a skip ?

AdamW said:
imagine you are driving along, behind a skip lorry. Your mind wanders, so you forget to keep a good distance behind. Then sh*t starts flying off from under the netting and landing on your car. You wouldn't be happy, right?

My dad was driving on the M62 once, a pickup truck in front had a loose wheelbarrow on the back, it flew off and caused about £500 worth of damage to his laguna. Needed new front bumper, new headlight assembly, new wing, new bonnet. Thankfully covered by my dad's insurance, but not the pickup's, since my dad didn't get his reg. Bet the guy got a shock when he arrived and found he was lacking a wheelbarrow. Wonder if he went back and found it on the central reservation of the M62 c/w a scratch-coat of metallic blue paint and one almighty dent???

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
Of course, every time I head down to the household waste site, there is always a plumber/builder's van there, with signage on side, whilst they dump a bathroom suite or cubic yard of rubble... even though the commercial tip is right next door. Makes me wonder why people like us lot bother to do the right thing. :rolleyes:

Cooo! down here in Dorset vans are banned from council tips, even hired or borrowed and, of course householders cant take their borrowed hired vans to trade tips as they require a licence :rolleyes: But no prob! the environmental guys are gettin their act together and sending out undercover peeps with cameras etc to try and discover the reason for the sudden epidemic of fly tipping. do these guys need to be told that an old bed, fridge, cupboards etc dont fit in saloon cars. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back