Throw away society

you don,t get taught that stuff nowadays, it's old school!

:eek: Of course thy don't, its to bl00dy dangerous.

Just think what would happen if pupils were taught to use a grinder. Or asked to work hands on. :eek:

His hands get dirty :cry:
His clothing might get dirty :cry:
Some sparks land on his skin :cry: :cry: :cry:
Sparks might burn his designer clothing :cool:
He might get hurt :rolleyes:
His brain would overheat with all the extra activity.

Oh. and after all that his parent will no doubt use claims direct to sue the school for mentally scaring him for life.
HSE will have another time wasting investigation.

Some tw*t will already be re-writing the safety manuals.
Every machine shop will be cordoned off. Any machine that has moving parts will be condemed.

In the future we will not need drill bits or power tools.
By the time you have finished reading, daily, all the safety notices and instructions for that particular tool, its time to go home.
Then the following day the process starts again.

ITS HAPPENING NEAR YOU TODAY :!: :!:

Sponsored Links
Had you done a risk assessment before putting that post out?

:LOL: :LOL:

Just broke my pencil :evil:

Have to look through risk assessment, training records, cosh, H&S manual, security instructions, personnel records, qualifications, manual handling records ect.

All I want to do is use the bl00dy pensil sharpener. ;)

Sponsored Links
Have you attended the compulsory 3 day training course and passed the written exam with at least 80% and also had supervisory instruction in the practical side for 2 days by a competent person?

If not then please make arrangements to do so immediately submiting forms PQ7 PSI 3 MS27/oty/586 and a cheque/postal order for £4,397.24p+vat.

conny.

Stop taking the p**S. :cry: :cry:

How do you expect me to fill all those forms in, my pencils broken and I am not sure if my qualifications allow me to use the pencil sharpener. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Following on from gremlins comments.
Last week me and a mate where talking to his son who had attended the same school as us but 15/20 years later.
He thought we where taking the **** when we where talking about using lathes, band saws, circular saws, crucibles for melting down alluminium to make door numbers etc, oxy acetalene welding gear and every other bit of kit you would get in a workshop.
Making fibre glass canoes , tables ,chairs , swords (now that was interesting and bloody) and god knows what else out of wood and metal.
He said he would have loved that but it was not avialable.
We done it from 11 to 16 , and they wonder why kids cant use there hands and think for themselves.
If we had cut a finger off we would have got a smack around ear for not using the machine correctly :LOL:

Namsag,
been there done that and got the t-shirt, (I mean clout round the ear!) when I nicked my finger in woodwork.
No sympathy or plaster just a rollicking and the question,

"Where were you when I said keep your hands BEHIND the blade and don't touch it?!!!"
And I got a detention as well! :eek:

Gremlin,

ask a competent person to do it for you till you have gained the relevant qualifications. ;)

I am not sure if my qualifications allow me to use the pencil sharpener.

Never mind the qualifications, have you completed adequate training in the use of this equipment?

To be quite honest, unless he is RPS qualified, he shouldn't even be permitted to buy one, due to lack of recognised competence! I think the suppliers are at fault in selling him one - MI's aren't adequate safety guides.

Ohdear, oh dear, NO!

You don't possess a respirator and you haven't been screened for any allergies! Have you got your 'confined space' certificate? This equipment MUST be used in a WELL VENTILATED AREA using recognised LEV equipment which has a current safety validation certificate issued by a registered company or competent person fully trained in the testing and inspection of said equipment!

And besides, you used to use chalk on what was known as a blackboard but due to race relations these no longer exsist and we use white boards instead which are not amenable with chalk. You have to use a felt marker for which you are no doubt not in receipt of the correct certification either.

Sponsored Links
Back