Where do I stand???

Sponsored Links
Stop arguing. He wore it out. No warranty covers wearing it out. No SDS will last if you use it for chiseling all day. It's cost him less than £2 per week. Stop whining.

Stop arguing. He wore it out. No warranty covers wearing it out. No SDS will last if you use it for chiseling all day. It's cost him less than £2 per week. Stop whining.

Tut, tut Joe.

AsI see it there is only one person here getting tetchy. I am merely pointing out what the OP DIDN'T say whereas you are ASSUMING that he uses it constantly all day and every day.

Without digressing too much, whenever I have to provide a 'factual' report of anything the only information I am allowed to put in the report are 'facts'. Not assumptions or guesses.

Sponsored Links
So he wore it out leaving it in the garage eh?

dont matter whether the op has given it a hard life or not.if its still under warranty then ITS still under warranty for 12 mths from purchase,if it comes back( :rolleyes: ) saying its been abused,the op will no doubt argue about it,then he will have to dig into his pockets to but a new 1.

It's under warranty. It broke. Where's the argument?

If it was Awkward Joe's drill, he would be in there - ripping the assistant a new a. hole until he got a new drill, compo and a signed letter of apology from the MD.

:rolleyes:

No SDS drill will operate 24/7 chiseling concrete. It's just not possible to make such an instrument unless we find a new type of metal for the chuck mechanism.

You have to be fair to the manufacturer. It's cost him less than £2 per week and it's been worn out. A lifetime guarantee doesn't mean it's guaranteed for you life you know. Fair usage. He's worn it out. It's not a manufacturing fault.

No SDS drill will operate 24/7 chiseling concrete. It's just not possible to make such an instrument unless we find a new type of metal for the chuck mechanism.

You have to be fair to the manufacturer. It's cost him less than £2 per week and it's been worn out. A lifetime guarantee doesn't mean it's guaranteed for you life you know. Fair usage. He's worn it out. It's not a manufacturing fault.

Where does the OP say that he has used it 24/7 chiselling?

Where does he say its been used so much and so often?

Why has his chuck worn out and mine hasn't?

He's been using it enough to wear it out. A warranty doesn't cover that.

Sponsored Links
Back