Help with soffits / fascia boards

Reaction score
Country
Western Sahara
Looking for some advice on replacing / repairing my facial boards plus possibly a soffit as well.

Not quite sure where to start, I'll obviously need some new panels but I'm not quite sure what to by as there's so many different types. They don't think the style I've got is available any more so I'd probably have to replace the whole length, which is pain. Next, I'm guessing I'll have to remove the guttering, and lastly you'll see the under cloak is some sort of cement tile, I'm assuming that's actually asbestos which is awkward, to say the least.

Any how, I've been up there on a very tall ladder. Can this job be done on a ladder, as one person DIY? Or, am I ideally looking at getting a tower erected.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-19 123146.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-19 123146.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot 2024-02-19 123208.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-19 123208.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 27
Sponsored Links
I would leave that to a dedicated replacement company you will not be able to do it on your own unless you had full scaffold as you need a person each end. I have done it on my own but there was already scaffold at the bit i was doing. The pros will probably work off ladder platform things, and while its being done it should have felt support trays and flyscreens probably added

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back