Help with Soil Pipe Please!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks

Experienced help and advice please.
I have a cast soil pipe in small riser about 50mm from the wall.I would like to replace the connections section with plastic but would like to know if i can cut just above the flange which is only just above floor level because i can't cut any lower because of the concrete floor,and connect a rubber coupler to join a plastic pipe and boss section? cutting the upper part of the pipe dosen't appear to be a problem.

can take some better pictures tomorrow if needed

many thanks

jon

Sponsored Links
http://www.drainageonline.co.uk/Pan-Connectors/Grey-110mm-Drain-Connector.htm?gclid=COGd3I77jb0CFQEXwwodxUAAcg

cut it and use one of these (if the cast is 4") you can get em with 1.5" side connections too

Thanks - wasn't sure if the ribbed end would go above the flange.I'll measure it tomorrow.when you say 4'' is that the external measurement? ive added another picture showing the waste pipe coming in.i hope the bend from this ends with enough room left to cut the soil pipe?

The 4" is internal size the outside is usually at least 4 1/4" on the plain pipe.

In one of your photos it looks like the top of a joint collar at the very bottom of the stack.

The following connector sits inside the collar without the narrowing of the finned type of connector and is cemented in place - ideal if you can access such a joint collar by taking out the old cast pipe going into it. Then you can fit all manner of PVC fittings like a branch with a side boss similar to your cast iron arrangement.

http://www.ukhps.co.uk/products/FloPlast-SP107G-110mm-Ring-Seal-Drain-Connector-Grey.html

One way to extract a cast iron pipe from a collar is to cut the pipe just above the collar then drill out the jointing material until you can extract the remaining pipe stub like a rotten tooth!

Sponsored Links
The 4" is internal size the outside is usually at least 4 1/4" on the plain pipe.

In one of your photos it looks like the top of a joint collar at the very bottom of the stack.

The following connector sits inside the collar without the narrowing of the finned type of connector and is cemented in place - ideal if you can access such a joint collar by taking out the old cast pipe going into it. Then you can fit all manner of PVC fittings like a branch with a side boss similar to you cast iron arrangement.

http://www.ukhps.co.uk/products/FloPlast-SP107G-110mm-Ring-Seal-Drain-Connector-Grey.html[/QUOTE]

It is a joint collar i think - yes but it is below the floor.How do i get the pipe out? leaving the collar intact? i can't cut it flush as there is no room to get a saw in there

Thanks again

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks guys seems like i have a couple of options there to solve the problem

Now all i have to do is make sure the people in the flats above don't have a dump whilst i'm working on it!!!!

Many thanks again.

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back