help with T.V cabinet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi looking for a little help with T.V cabinet

I know what i want to do but can,t seem to find the glass panels

I want to have two doors with glass panels on the front i would ideally like lead diamonds (hope you can understand that :confused: ) on them or inlaid ?

Where would be the best place to look for these not really that bothered about the size but say around 31/2ft high by 3ft wide for the whole thing

also what sort of glass would be best for this do i need safety glass ect
and what about smoked as this would be perfect ?

Thanks for you help

Martin

Sponsored Links
Local glazing company will cut you clear or smoked glass and fit lead to the glass (unless you want proper caned lead)

Jason

Sponsored Links
Any local glass merchant will be able to cut your panels to size. Go for laminated glass - it meets the required safety standards but is a lot cheaper than toughened in small quantities. Laminated glass is available in either bronze or grey smoked.

As far as the leading is concerned - buy a small roll of self-adhesive lead either from the glass merchant or from B&Q and stick it on yourself - it's a doddle.

Cheers
Brad

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back