Help with window options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, new member after a bit of advice.

I live in the a terraced house on a reasonably busy road. At the moment I have original sash windows which have seen better days but are still essentially solid and some secondary glazing of dubious quality. I'm trying to reduce the road noise and am considering either replacing the existing secondary glazing (and maybe having the sash window refurbished to some extent) or having replacement pvc vertical sliding windows installed.

Ignoring cost issues for the time can anyone tell me what might be the best option just from the noise point of view? Any other options I might consider?

thanks

Sponsored Links
uPVC double glazed windows will significantly reduce the noise. Energy Rated Windows will also help to reduce your heating costs if you're looking at it from a cost perspective.

I am probably a little bias, but I'd say replacement is definitely the way to go. I like the sash windows though over the vertical sliding windows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back