help with worcester combi

well they should have left you a report on both occasions with a list of parts replaced, so what did they do? I would get them back if its less than 12months since they came.

the first time they came im not sure what they did but the boiler worked fine for a while and then developed a fault on the hot water side so i got them back out and was told it was a different fault from the first one so they said i would have to be charged again. On both occasions i was not left with a report into what they had done. After the fault with the hot water had been fixed a couple of weeks later the boiler the developed the original fault again. I understand that i may have grounds to go back to them on the understanding that the original fault has re-appeared but im a bit dubious to do this as they insist that you give them your card details so that they may charge you if its a different fault.

Sponsored Links
To solve your ignition problem, change the flame sensor (comes with harness). Cost is only £12. If that doesn't solve it, then it requires a new PCB.

As for your other problems, I assume flushing has been successful?

Well I would definately get on to them and firstly ask them what the fault was, the diagnosis and the cure ? Also why wasn't you left with a report? That leaves you unable to argue. Once you know what's been done your better placed to argue whether it should be charged or not. I think if you make a big enough fuss they'll sort it FOC.

thanks heytesto
To solve your ignition problem, change the flame sensor (comes with harness). Cost is only £12. If that doesn't solve it, then it requires a new PCB.

As for your other problems, I assume flushing has been successful?

i will find out from worcester exactly what they have replaced and if they wish to try and charge for anymore work i will try your advice. The flushing has got the red in the bathroom working and rads seem to be prducing a lot more heat :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Rather than asking on the phone ask for a written report on what was does on each occasion. By email or on paper.

Only then can you be in a position to argue with them from a position of knowledge.

Tony

the sad thing about this scenario is that this boiler is so basic and easy to work on
i would get them to clean and adjust the ignition and flame ratification probes and adjust the minium burner pressures ;)

UPDATE;
Just spoke to Worcester and tried to argue my case about the original fault re-occuring and me not being left any reciept for work that was done on the previous two visits. The best they can offer me is another callout to see if the fault lies with any of the parts that were replaced on the previous two visits, if that is the case it will be done free of charge but id it needs a different part then they said that i wil be offered to enroll on a cover plan with them for £149 for 12 months which will basically cover anything.
Im,not too happy about having to fork out again but seems i am at a bit of a dead end. I think it could be a fault with the board but if i go ahead and put a new board in and its still not right then it will only end up costing me more in the long run. :(

so much for the excellent backup worcester are always bleating about to installers. Looks to me like they just wanna screw people over for as much money as possible. I think its highly unlikely you would have 3 completely seperate faults in such a short space of time.
Did they tell you what they did last time??

so much for the excellent backup worcester are always bleating about to installers. Looks to me like they just wanna screw people over for as much money as possible. I think its highly unlikely you would have 3 completely seperate faults in such a short space of time.
Did they tell you what they did last time??

No. They did not tell me or did not forward any kind of receipt about what the fault was or the diagnosis. Ihave aske d them to forward me a complete report from both visits detailing the fault, diagnosis and any parts fitted.

I think its highly unlikely you would have 3 completely seperate faults in such a short space of time.

i agree. But the problem is that if the boiler is going into lockout as it was on the first fault then that could be caused by a multitude of faults apparently. And i was also told that if a re-ocurrence of the same fault happened a month after the first fault then it would be classed as a different fault :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back