HELP - Wood undercoat on concrete walls - Newbie

SMM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've made a mistake and applied wood/metal undercoat on concrete walls in a small'ish room. The aim was to try and cover up old red paint before applying a light blue matt paint.

It seems to have a gloss finish and I'm not sure if matt paint will adhere (its still drying so I haven't tested yet). Is it possible to paint over the top of it with matt? I would also like to try and seal the amount of gases it will produce as it has high VOC content and the room will eventually be for my 6 month yr old. Will applying two coats of matt paint seal in gases?

I was thinking of just sanding this down but it would be a reasonable amount of work to cover everywhere. Maybe there is another primer I can put on top of it to prep for the matt finish?

and yes I was high as a kite putting it on :)

Sponsored Links
Not likely to be a problem, and it should be matt when dry. It's designed to have other paint applied over it.

There are no 'gases' to seal in - that is just the solvents evaporating while it dries.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back