help - worcester bosch greenstar not turning off with hive controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Brand new worcester bosch installed two days ago with hive controller. Turns on as per schedule in the morning but then does not turn off at all unless done manually using the boiler controls. Installer says hive is working fine as is the boiler and the fix requires a new 'suppressor' fitted to the boiler as well as new 3 port valve. He has quoted me an extra £317 (extra to the original quoted installation cost of the boiler) to fix this. I know little about boilers and electrics and would really appreciate any advice on this. Does their reason for the controller not turning off the boiler sound reasonable and does the cost to fix also seem fair?

Many Thanks

Jon

Sponsored Links
which Worcester Bosch boiler there are many and which model of Hive ?

Hi Ian, Thanks for your reply. The boiler is a Greenstar 30i compact. The Hive doesn't appear to have a model number on any part except the hub which is a nano v2. It is a Hive Active Heating system. I spoke to Hive on the phone and they did some remote tests. They also said the problem was not with their system.

Sponsored Links
yes they can "Talk" to your hive remotely and test it , does your boiler have an inbuilt Worcester programmer installed ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back