HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right, first off hi every one.

Im building a prototype gaming desk, im building it at a local workshop, iv got the design & the look all done & got the desired feel of it now. I am currently building it out of MDF 18mm. These are me questions to you.

1. Should i use MDF or chipboard.
2. It needs to all be black, but dont know how to go about it.

Thats it for now, hope you can help.

Cheers
Chris

Sponsored Links
I would assume that it will be a painted finish being black so I would always go for the mdf it's a fare smoother surface which will need less preparation.
Finished black? Prime with a primer designed for mdf (screwfix and the like sell it) and then finish with a laquer paint, hard wearing and very good gloss finish.
Oh and pictures when it's finished.

nice one, well the thing is, im actually going to be manufacturing them myself, to sell. So i need a fairly cheap method of painting them, & needs to be as quick as possible, was thinking of a viynl precut or something like that. What do you think.

Sponsored Links
You can by black MDF :D thats black all the way through not just the faces

Jason

Agree with gregers on this one , a spray booth would be the thing to go for. Don't skimp on the finish, you really need to be looking at the high end of the market to make this idea work and a cheap finish will reflect in your sales.
Other than that good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back