help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i drained my system down and flushed out all was ok for about 4 hrs now the boiler wont light it is a automatic spark when the thermostat calls for the rads it meant to let gas in and the the auto spark lights but no go. there is power there and also gas any one please help

Sponsored Links
Did you turn the boiler off while it was drained down, if not it might have tried to fire up & tripped the overheat stat. Try to find the O/H stat & see if it needs reseting.

keego said:
Did you turn the boiler off while it was drained down, if not it might have tried to fire up & tripped the overheat stat. Try to find the O/H stat & see if it needs reseting.

the boiler was ok for about 4 hrs so i guess that the stat was ok and i did turnoff all electric before i started

Sponsored Links
did you vent the whole system on draining,and manually open any two or three port valves.Sounds like an airlock has worked its way to the heat exchanger or pump area

deheat said:
did you vent the whole system on draining,and manually open any two or three port valves.Sounds like an airlock has worked its way to the heat exchanger or pump area
i don't know what you mean by "vent the system " and "port valves" i drained the system from one of the rads drain plug

ChrisR said:
We are not psychic. What boiler is it?
the fire and back boiler are myson house warmer45 electronic very strange be cause it started working again for 15 mins then stoped and now sparks but dont light the gas that is if gas is coming through,could it be the electronic spark or the control pcb

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back