Hep20 questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Do I have to buy a plastic pipe cutter to cut Hep20 (existing) or can I use my Kopex pipeslice ? only a couple of DIY cuts required.

Also does anyone know if there is a 15mm Tee with a 15mm spiggott? want to fit a temporary Hep20 appliance valve for a washing machine, in the pic attached has a tee with spiggott been used or a small cut of Hep20 pipe with equal tee?

Cheers

19000_18002_13702_34739684_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
Pipeslice won't work - cheap hacksaw will do the trick, but deburr the rim with a file or sandpaper to prevent snaring the rubber o-ring in the fitting. Picture shows small offcut of hep into an equal tee as you describe. Don't forget pipe inserts when using plastic pipe.

Sponsored Links
nice sharp garden secateurs should do ya, go raid the shed ;)
also if you got one of those silly sharp craft knives, they also go through the pipe nicely :D

Not seen the plastic pipeslices then dextrous

Have got one (so there!!! :LOL: ) - but you know my feelings about plastic ;). For a couple of cuts, a hacksaw will do, which the op probably has anyway.

no problem

my advice to a diyer doing one or two cuts would be the same as yours,

but if its something you might use a bit regularly, honestly cant beat my screwfix cutters as i said about £7 had them 3 plus years

away to bed old yin!!!!!!

pipeslice does work if it's sharp score the plastic remove pipeslice then break plastic at the score. Has the added advantage of a shamferred end which pushes in without the risk of damage to fitting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back