Joining to existing plastic 22mm flow and return. What fittings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to add two small radiators to my garage conversion. Little downstairs loo and a utility.

I’m planning on taking a feed from the existing 22mm flow and return in the ceiling above the garage. These 22mm are a grey plastic pipe, I imagine added when the previous owners fitted the last kitchen. Original house was build late 80s so original must have been copper I’d have thought.

DFC29331-0B70-4558-AFC3-A0BD18867902.jpeg
57541CF0-7EB2-40EB-AA77-436B5191A482.jpeg

I intend to run a 22mm Tee from each pipe, reduce down to 15mm and then run Hep20 15mm to the two rads.

Can I use the Hep20 22mm Tee to join to that existing plastic pipe? I’m guessing the Hep20 pipe will use inserts. The old pipe won’t have inserts So presume that won’t work. This is the last bit that has been stumped. What do I use?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Strip out some of the pipe ,back to a fitting that you can extend from ,or find suitable inserts/ pipe stiffeners for the existing pipe. I don't recognise that brand ,someone else might.

If you can work back find a fitting take a pic and someone will be able to identify the pipe and suggest correct fittings. Ideally you want to use the same make of fittings as the pipe.

Sponsored Links
Another option is to use a compression tee with copper olives, and stainless steel pipe inserts.

Shouldn’t need anything else but you could use PTFE tape but not jointing paste.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back