Hep2o 'Sideways' force

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Is it ok to fit Hep pipe and fittings in such a way that they will be subjected to force?

For example, adding a tee to a curved section of pipe, which would result in a force at either end of the tee.

Thanks

Dan

Sponsored Links
...my point exactly - you CAN get a tee onto a hep20 curve, but obviously the original pipes would be under stress - as would the fitting. My question is, can that cause problems.

(Would only work with plastic pipe of course, and obviously not a tight curve either)

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I can say from seeing one that hep will leak due to a sideways force on the fitting. Though the one in question was a hep joint between two copper pipes that had been slightly misaligned. Obviously the hep tube will have a bit of give in it, and is rigid inside the fitting thanks to the insert, but there'd still be a sideways force on the seal so I wouldn't trust it not to leak. Can you not use a compression?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back