hepvo question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Due to needing to connect bath and basin waste together which I know is not as good as separately run waste but I have no option.

I basically was going to fit anti vac traps to stop siphonage and smell issues but I have the opportunity to fit some hepvo valves as I have been offered them for £5 so seems silly not to

Both are the 1 1/2 (40mm) CV1 unit obviously my basin needs the smaller connection for fixing to basin waste my question is

Can I just buy the 1 1/4 adaptor (BV11) to fit the CV1 unit

I guess what I'm asking is are all the units the same physical size and fittings for the different size pipe interchangeable

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
the flow through them is very sloooooow as water level drops (head of water), have had to relocate them before now. Even worse on shower trays.

DH

the flow through them is very sloooooow as water level drops (head of water), have had to relocate them before now. Even worse on shower trays.

DH

Appreciate the heads up
Although I am trying to work out if I really need to use them
I've been advised by a few plumbers that I don't need them or anti vac traps because the distances aren't massive but I'm not sure

I just assumed if you have to connect wastes between bath and basin then you should use some sort of anti syphon device

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back