Hepvo valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a 3.5m run of 32mm pipe from the basin in my bathroom to the stack. I understand that this doesn't meet building regs because the pipe run is too long, so have been looking at ways to reslove the problem as I am currently replacing the bathroom.

Can anybody tell me: would using a Hepvo valve at the start of the run mean that I can leave the existing32mm pipe in place. i.e. would a 3.5 m run of 32mm pipe meet regs or do I still have to increase the width of the pipe?

What width of pipe would I need to use to cover 3.5m from a basin?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
But the pipe should still be 40mm for a quick exhaust, surely?

Pipe size has more to do with pressure variations ie induced syphonage etc, hence the need to increase pipe size with increased run.

With a HepVo the drain run can suck in as much air as it likes so I can't see a problem provided the fall is within the regulation limits.

Sponsored Links
I have same problem, just installed Hep VO to shower and basin, hope they work........Will let u know

a job i went to was failed by building insp .shower run of 4m had a40mm pipe and a fall of 100mm .is this not to regs and would that trap make i complie thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back