Heritage paving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am no garden pro, got 2 quotes for some garden work small bit of turfing, tidy up, and two patio areas came in at £1200, ok ask to requote using heritage paving flags, got the reqotes its jumped up to £2200.

Are they taking the p***?

Any advice would be great.

Onesongrg

Sponsored Links
onesongrg said:
Any advice would be great.

3rd quote?

assuming both quotes were similar, i should say its the going rate for your town

depends what they were laying in the first quote and how they were laying it, pointing it etc compared to the second with the heritage. Also depends on a large number of other factors! As breezer says get another quote but cheapest ain't necisarily best, and when it comes to laying paving, the slabs are a small part of the cost compared to all the labour involved to get a good finish

You don't tell us what slabs the first quote was for. A bog standard 350 x 350mm cheap slab cost from 79p. Heritage slabs are top quality, and harder to lay, due to natural looking shape, heavier and thicker. You also don't mention the patio sizes. If it's the usual 3 x 3 meters, and your having two done, then I think your getting value for money. Don't forget, labour cost can be as much as the material cost again! Go for it I say! Ask to see details of previous work, and contact details of references.
Remenber you get what you pay for. Go for the cheapest, and expect cowboys to turn up!

Sponsored Links
blimey grumpy were in agreement about something! ;)

I was going to say 'I'm in agreement with Thermo' but I didn't want your head to swell too much ;)

bloody hell all three of us agree......help!!!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back