Hi all, new chap with a new project.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thought i should say hello to you all as just joined the forum.......so Hello :D

I plan to be about for a while as i ahve got a few things on the go which i started a few weeks ago and a lot to come soon, i have a few weeks of nrom this friday so the plan is to buy a gazebo....due to british weather and build a conservatory i won of ebay. there is also a pond half dug which is going to be moved now to make more room for the cony, all after digging the pond by bloody hand aswell :rolleyes:

I have been lucky enough to have abeen given 3500 reclaimed brick for the cony and pond, with plenty to build a new gardem wall and workshop at the end of the garden to get rid of the eyesore we have left at the minute.
I have got a load of pics to put soon but i am off back to work now so chat later folks.

Oh and also started a handyman/maintenance business recently to fill in the gaps of working full time and doing the hole i live in :rolleyes: :LOL:

wayne :D

Sponsored Links
Welcome. We always love to see pics of projects so we can pinch your ideas.

:D

Look forward to seeing your work. :D

Hi Bahco, thanks kida ;)

Just got in from unloading the second to last trailer of bricks as all i could carry was around 250, also done a bit more at the footings with pics to come later of that. There was a grid that was in the way of the footings which i moved last week a few feet along the wall as i couldnt move the cony the other way as the boiler vent was there so now it JUST fits in the gap.

I started a pond a week or se before i got a bit of free money and decode to get a con`y, i think we got a bargain with it as only paid £360 for it plus travle cost to collect it, oh and a day for me and SWMBO to dismantle and bring it home, that was a day and half realy...but worth it i reckon :LOL:

Ill be back, i need to shoot of quick :rolleyes:
I started with the hole
tn_IMG_1071.jpg

which got bigger
tn_IMG_1076.jpg

which ended a bit after as the con`y arrived so that is on hold abd if you can the pond will be moved :LOL: , thats over to the back left corner as the pond will now be to the left along a wall i will be building to get rid of the naff fence, i started the footing last week but been that busy with a lot of other stuff like the business venture its slow progress, untill next week i can get stuck into it i hope as i have the few week off :D
Well here have the blank...well maybe not canvas, the cony will be going along gable wall.

tn_IMG_1323.jpg

Sorry about the abrupt end to last post as i had to shoot off.

The footings have got the drainage and water pipe going through them, so i am going to have bridge over them, i am near done now with digging the footiings.
tn_IMG_1327.jpg

The grid was here when it was in the way of the footing so i had to move it over a few feet, that was a bit of a pain as they are like most old drain of the clay pot type, i did plan to just cut out the middle section and get a new Y section and water trap, but as plans never realy work as i cut the pipes the section sort of like fell apart i guess with the vibration for the grinder so all was replaced in the pic including the pipe work to the soil pipe, no big deal as i bodged it a few years back where it was leaking so now its all good as new.

When we got the con`y it was only 2.4m deep but i will be extending it to 3m for that bit more room and still just within planning. I need to decided yet how to bridge the gap in the roof for the extra .6m.
This is when we got it
tn_IMG_1229.jpg

tn_IMG_1233.jpg

Not much but you get the jist i hope of what it will be like.

This is the rest of the garden, the shed thing will be removed and a new brick one built in the far right corner with a new wall built all the way to the house witha nice wider than normal gate.

tn_IMG_1319.jpg

as you can see theres a fair bit to do but i hope will be worth it in the end.

This weekend then is to get the footing all complete for next tuesday i hope for the concrete to go in then i can start to build it up, i have decided to dig down to good ground, about 75cm down as there is a lot of sand, then fill with concrete to 200mm deep then single skin 3 block course to ground level then brick to floor level which now i have decided to concrete the floor and not timber joist it, not much dearer for concrete.

Soo lets see what happens as only ever done one brick wall before, it didnt turn out to bad once i got to the end of the 10 m wall :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I hope you don't get fed up of your project and leave it like that for months :LOL: The most important part of home projects is not to bite off more than you can chew :LOL:

Not one for getting fed up mate......not that i would be allowed with SWMBO watching :LOL: .

This project is nothing towards other i have had ;)

Look a nice pond that mate, what fish you going to put in it?

Never got to fill it as i come by the cony cheap and all efforts are in that at the miute, but i plan to move the pond to where the shed thing on the right is one the cony is up and build a fish house in the back corner, the pond i hope will be about 12 x 7 x 6 deep.

But today i got the footings done atlast :D , full of man flue but i did it, only just though, i always new there is a lot of pressure in concrete but i near lost 1/2 qm, you will see in the pics.......we live and learn.....i hope.

tn_IMG_1366.jpg

tn_IMG_1363.jpg

tn_IMG_1362.jpg

tn_IMG_1364.jpg

tn_IMG_1365.jpg

Footing done and what a darn day for it, it totaly persisted it down all day. I plan to get the first course of blocks in a few days.

tn_IMG_1369.jpg

tn_IMG_1370.jpg

tn_IMG_1368.jpg

Getting there but surely but slowly, got the first few courses done and near ready fore the floor to go in, but with the bank holiday ahead i havnt ordered the wacker or concrete yet :rolleyes: , but hey its getting there :D

tn_IMG_1374.jpg

tn_IMG_1373.jpg

tn_IMG_1372.jpg

Getting there, this week i got the floor concreted, dwarf wall built :D , if i say so myself its not bad for the second wall i have built :D , and as in the pics the cony is near up, i need to sort the rest of the roof tomorrow, been to that darn place that says they sell the lot, got there, JUST enough timber to do the roof extension, most were like bananas :rolleyes:

tn_IMG_1382.jpg

tn_IMG_1383.jpg

tn_IMG_1384.jpg

tn_IMG_1385.jpg

Hi Wayne

I'm getting really concerned now .......... your well cute little dog was in a lot of the early pictures but now ......... nothing ........... he's disappeared :eek:
Please tell me you've seen him lately :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back