Hi All, Newbie Here in midst of extension

Sponsored Links
time for another update, house is all but complete with just one side of the garden fence needed putting back up once i have the feather edge board.

The main thing i wanted to get done was the garage :)

I guess its one of the things, its either just a garage for storing junk that you think you might use one day and never do or for other household stuff like washing machines etc... My garage has and will always be for my car (and motorbike) it was before but was just brick wall and an open roof space.

I had a specific theme in mind but as i have taken my time, colours changed, storage changed as did flooring, finishing etc.

Anyway, thanks to photo bucket, I deleted my account so all the previous links were lost.

Heres how the garage was...

37_zpsph4fnpvq by Gary ORourke, on Flickr

work in progress, The roof was taken off the walls extended forward

64_zps67fxhmyq by Gary ORourke, on Flickr

The steels went in and the poi joists fitted

73_zpsqml5cmeu by Gary ORourke, on Flickr

You can see the new concrete at the front showing how far it was extended forward...

EC17F529-60C2-4777-A0F3-E160593A9245_zps9w6pgrst by Gary ORourke, on Flickr

Sponsored Links
OK i won't bore you too much with what and how I did it as its pretty much common sense

The skirting and dado rail (of sorts) were treated and glossed
The tiled floor is a hardened worksop tile 300x300 with anti slip qualities
The anthracite gloss units were purchased fro Howdens (kitchen units)

Garage Finished by Gary ORourke, on Flickr

Due to the way i had to install the roller door it left a 300mm reveal and didn't want to plasterboard it due to ingress of rain water when the door opens so i purchased 2 x 4m lengths of 400mm anthracite fascia board, cut them to size at screwed them to the brickwork, using the matching corners to finish it off

Finally where the boiler was situated i built a frame and insulated all around the pipework etc, then ordered some 5mm anthracite perspex cut to size. I then had to trim, cut out the plug and screw it to the frame to finish off the look of the garage.

The company who provided the perspex (via eBay) were excellent and their cutting to size request was spot on :)

Well only one or two updates left to do to close this off.

thank you so far for viewing

I think you could have made a bit more effort with the garage ;). Possibly the best I’ve seen..... what car have you got?! :LOL:

So apart from some touching up here and there, hanging a few pictures and a small part of the loft to add a layer of insulation too (but not in these temperatures o_O ) all the big jobs are complete with this last update being the conclusion of my DIY project...

As it was a starter home that SWMBO never wanted to move from and the fact we are surrounded on all sides, our garden is both an odd shape and small. With an (now 7) only child play space was not an issue and we spend little time in the garden, mores out at the park or elsewhere so a low maintenance garden was what i needed. A place we could chill out and not worry to much about the upkeep.

so the original look was this

1 How it used to Look by Gary ORourke, on Flickr

f6c19763ce1d9e8c40f18af10c85300a_zpsef2c3376 by Gary ORourke, on Flickr

1_zpsmiaewhey by Gary ORourke, on Flickr

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back