Hi All, Newbie Here in midst of extension

Sponsored Links
Looks great, I do like them wood effect floor tiles, may be a option I will look into.

Its never ending :mrgreen:
Im doing as much as i can myself so its time consuming, so many different jobs to do only me doing it :confused:

Im hoping my father will bring his saw and brains over as he is a chippy by trade, (retired) but i keep him busy when i can.

Well, today I cracked on having had a skip delivered and in need of getting rid of anything I can to tidy up the garden and make some space to work...

Anyway, continuing from yesterday i removed all the hardcore from the patio and the plastic membrane before levelling off the dirt underneath.
All of it has to be placed in heavy duty rubble sacks and carried through the house/garage so as not to damage any of the newly fitted and painted door frames etc...

I had a membrane lying around in the garage and thought id use that up before i put a scattering of the hardcore back in

The ground underneath is pretty solid and this is only to support the shed to stop the floor bouncing to a degree, nothing more, so threw a bit of hardcore in to cover the membrane.

Sponsored Links
I had marked out where the floor joists will be roughly and as the base is an odd shape i couldn't get straight lines on a couple of the blocks i laid but its good enough for what i need, plenty of support me thinks

I then used the remaining hardcore to backfill just leaving it slightly lower than the blocks.

Glad that bit is done. I have a few days off at the end of the month so hope to get the shed built.

Next job is to put some wall unit up in the laundry room as SWMBO hasn't got any storage to speak of. Picked a couple of nearly new units off fleabay for a decent price a double and a single which should be plenty for now.

Only thing to workout is how best to fix them as they will be on a wall which has insulated plasterboard!!!

I got back from abroad on Saturday night and needed to get some enthusiasm for a change to crack on with the 'shed'
Its been quite difficult sourcing the cladding as there are so many suppliers locally or afar but the vast majority do collection only so finding one who will deliver only 26m2 worth of cladding is difficult.
I have ordered some from a company 'oop North' with a estimated delivery for Wednesday or Thursday so watch this space if they turn up o_O

Anyway with that in mind I need to get my act together and seeing as the British summer has turned up for a few days what better time to start.

Frame built, not a 90 degree angle on any corner but for the internal ones :mrgreen:

its the best way to make use of such an awkward space, a normal shed from B&Q just wouldn't be useful, thus I'm having to build one 'fit for purpose'

Anyway, the OSB board was all cut to shape and treated and the frames are starting to come together. I have to complete each section before finally fixing them in place as i won't have access to the rear or sides once they are in position so, I will have to fix the tyvek wrap and clad each frame. The hardest part will be allowing for the odd angles and achieving a watertight/resistant join so will have to allow some overlap and fix a sealing strip of sorts.

I have ordered the EPDM roof which should arrive tomorrow so if all goes well I'm hoping to have it up and watertight in the next few days.

Ok so after nearly 3 years of updating this thread photobucket have decided to charge for the privilege of hosting photos via their site and blocked everything posted prior to the announcement!

At least dick tuprpin wore a mask!

I have done quite a lot since this has happened but cannot post photos until i find a new way/website for hosting the pics

The shed is completely built externally, insulated internally and I have electrics being installed over the next couple of weeks along with it being boarded out and skimmed.

Managed to pick up 2 x 3m lengths of worktop from Howdons (slightly marked) very cheap and will do as worktops in the shed

The garage in now skimmed completely and an initial layer of paint applied, the floor tiles were delivered so will lay those once the shed is finished (as have lots of wood to use as shelving etc in the garage to go in the shed) as that frees up space in the garage.

The front lawn and tarmac have been ripped up and its all been block paved so the rainwater now runs into the Aco drains we fitted (when it rains as its been rather sunny of late)

Started fixing the framework for the artificial grass which will be laid and tacked too once the shed has been plastered and all the unit/shelving fitted. Just to reduce building work and mess accumulating on the grass!

All cosmetic work now,
Couple of ceilings to skim and paint.
Fit and gloss remaining areas for skrting and architrave,
Paint walls to freshen up older parts of the house.
Fit matching doors from upstairs to downstairs
Tile the garage floor, paint and adorn with garage type stuff, put the car in!!!!!
Lay the artificial grass
Buy garden furnture at last :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back