Hi all! Quick questions about my new boiler!

Sponsored Links
the back boiler stopped working, i was going to take out an eon homecare pack, they come round to check the boiler, said there was no power going to it and its poss the valves stuck, as we had a power cut the day before also. he found under the fire a tag from british gas saying it was condemed, he checked it and said there was no third seal, so he couldnt fix it. He also said the vent in our living room was too small! bloody changing regs! lol! so he said it would be £800 odd for the building work or a combi boiler fitted. So the people i got round have capped off the back boiler but left the fire working until we could afford a new fire, so the back boiler is still behind the fire.

nothing wrong with using the fire with the BBU behind so long as
1. the gas "T" isolator has been removed or the boiler gas valve connection capped and valve removed
(i just remove it and reconnect fire with a straight pipe isolator)
2. the electrics to the boiler are removed back to the time clock or power source
3. the fire is tested including a smoke test.
4. the Gassafe RGI has certified the work (by giving you an invoice as a minimum)
5 all the water is drained from the heat exchanger.

Sponsored Links
Set the hot water temp as low as you are satisfied with it usually between 45-50. The higher it is, the higher the risk of scaling. Set the Heating about 65, but turn it up if the house does not heat effectively. The benchmark certificate will be in the dead centre of last page of the installation and service manual. Let us know whats in it, fancy a laugh.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back