Hi - another easy question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We're building a commercial music studio, and there is a need to extend the number of sockets (currently only 2 x twin sockets).

After reading about spurring etc... I guess my best choice is to extract all the current wiring, and wire from the feed-in, daisy-chaining, and back to the c/u. Is this right.. I'm guessing here?!

Thanks for any help, in advance!

Sponsored Links
The principle is right, i.e. daisy chaining (ring main) but before you start putting in standard house wiring (2.5mm), I'd check all your equipment for max wattage(amps) and wire with a cable that can take it plus an m.c.b. that will take the load. A studio could be akin to a kitchen with all appliances on max at the same time.
Thank God I'm no your neighbour !!!!

for what its worth he could be your neighbour and you would not know. I have been to several genuine (although small) recording studios and they have a lot of sound proofing, not just for the neighbours but for the acoustics

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
for what its worth he could be your neighbour and you would not know. I have been to several genuine (although small) recording studios and they have a lot of sound proofing, not just for the neighbours but for the acoustics
You've not seen my neighbour breezer, if he sings its "when I'm cleaning windows" :LOL:
He also likes to sing "I like to get up in the morning when the sun is in the sky", at 4a.m. when its pitch black !!

If you aren't able to determine the load of the kit to be used in the studio, work on the principal that you can't have too many sockets and in providing more sockets, be careful you don't load up the circuit too much, it may be worth considering providing a second circuit (make sure they're on the same phase if it's applicable).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back