hi im new and have a lock drama.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everyone. im new on here and could really do with some help. haev been looking all over the internet for ideas and how to etc. and came across this site which seems really usefull and helpfull.

i am currently moving house.
so baiscally what happend was i threw the new house keys to the missus at the old house and they landed on the stone driveway, i went off thought nothing of it as she should have picked them up straight away. she didnt and when she came back to get them a few minutes later the had vanished somehow! have searched everywhere with metal detectors the lot lol.

luckily we had one front door key with the carpet guy so i managed to get that today. now the problem is the back upvc door keys are lost (the door is locked) and we need to replace the lock. am i right in thinking i can drill it out level with where the retaining screw is and turn it with a screwdriver? if so would this cause any problems for the new retaining screw?

also seeing all these bump videos etc i will be wanting to fit better locks, especially with the little one.
i would usually call a locksmith straight away but we are so tight for cash at the minute as we have just decorated. i would like to try do some my self.

sorry for the reallllyyy long first post. would be so greatfull if someone could give me some pointers much appreciated and thanks for reading.

Sponsored Links
so i should have really said any help could maybe be pmd thanks alot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back