hi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can somebody tell me, opposite me was a large garage owner sold it with planning for small house, would you call it a building site its just i don't see any health & safety there .

Sponsored Links
hi can somebody help me as well ive just read some post about an owner which has a large garage with a building site which has planning but no health an safety and try as i may i just cant figure it out thanks

Anybody running a construction site should be following rules that protect people working on that site, whether or not they directly employ them.

What are you expecting to see?

Sponsored Links
hi well when the garage was being dimolised 2 walls left up site was open so the kids could go and play, now its been leveled next will be footings for the building of a house,but they just seem to cut corners no fenceing to close the site off nothing, i don't know the regulations on start to finish of building.

Yes the site should be secure, you could try the HSE but that could be easier said than done so suspect it may be quicker to contact your local Building Control in the first instance.

hi yes hse are a joke been there tryed that but as you said could try Building Control see what they say only hope nobody gets hert in the mean time if you know what i mean

If he's demolishing it himself I doubt health and safety will give a crap - it's only if he has a liability to others. Kids playing on the site are on their own lookout much the same as if they walked into your front garden, climbed your tree and fell out breaking their neck - they're trespassing on private land, not being invited to work there

Maybe your problem is you need a bigger problem

If he's demolishing it himself I doubt health and safety will give a crap - it's only if he has a liability to others. Kids playing on the site are on their own lookout much the same as if they walked into your front garden, climbed your tree and fell out breaking their neck - they're trespassing on private land, not being invited to work there
Cobblers!

Under HASAWA anyone has a responsibility to others even trespassers!

It's actually a specific group of people mentioned in guidelines and although most people don't agree with it they must be protected to.

Any hazard should be appropriately protected to safeguard others.

Now the argument would be that it is reasonably foreseeable for children to be curious and 'play' on a construction site and as such there should be safeguards to protect them (usually this is by exclusion from said site by suitable barrier fencing).

Under HASAWA anyone has a responsibility to others even trespassers!

Nonsense. Hasawa applies only to people at work, as the rather obvious clue in the title might imply.

I say again "if he's doing it himself..."

hi thanks for replying nice to know there is people out there to help many thanks.

Help what? You be a nosy neighbour, creating strife for a poor guy who's just trying to build himself a home without people looking to dob him in to whatever clipboard waver will listen?

Is there an authoritative reference for that, fmt?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back