Hide a pile of concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, the past couple of years i have been taking up a HUGE amount of concrete from different areas in my garden. Many many many tons of the stuff and i just cannot carry it all through my house as there is so much. I have decided to stack it in a corner of my (fortunately) large garden and try to disguise. I have left a hollow in the top and i am getting a ton bag of soil delivered which i am going to put on top. It won't cover the whole pile but i want to plant some sort of ground covering plant in the soil to help hide the concrete. I know its not ideal to bury/hide concrete but i just cannot carry any more of it. The more vigorous the plant the better but something that looks nice also. Any ideas. Thankyou in advance.

Sponsored Links
u dont have clay, weaterlogged soil by any chance, and hence the need for a soakaway?

other than that, save it for a hardcore base for a patio, or garage, or get someone else to remove it?

Hello and sorry for delay with my reply. The area will be in full sun and the actual area is dry. I am having 'premium' top soil delivered which is the same as i used in my raised beds and is of great quality. Thankyou

Sponsored Links
Hi Sorry for delay with my reply. The concrete i took up was from underneath sheds, a large patio and a 160' long path which in places was 30" thick with re bar believe it or not! You could have safely landed a 747 in my back garden. We want our garden wild so concrete had to go but we just cannot physically carry any more through our house. Afraid we have to disguise with plants.

camouflage net??? ;)
Not so daft, just cover with camouflage net, then plant through it.

i would cover it with tree branches and logs, plant ivy then it will be a nice wildlife habitat.

Thats a great idea, had not thought of that. We recently had a tree cut down so we are going to to exactly that. Thankyou

Dig a hole, put concrete in hole, cover hole with soil that was removed.
Put extra soil as required on top, will be a raised bed or get rocks make rockery.
I buried my concrete (not as much as yours), put sleepers round 3 sides slopped the 4th side back to the garden & put some rocks on.Looks ok to me.

Is there any chance of a photo or two so that we can see what we're dealing with?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back