Problems getting concrete delivered

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again,

I'm thinking of re-concreting the rear garden, but have a problem. I would like to get 2 tons of cement/ballast/sand etc delivered to the rear garden, but unfortunately even though the delivery truck can get into the allyway, it can't go around the bend as its too narrow.

I'm sure you guys must be thinking what the hell am i talking about, so I've attached the image below to help you understand:

rearalley1vi.jpg

My problem is that the alleyway is not only narrow, but also uphill towards the rear of the house and wheel barrowing bit-by-bit, 2 tons of concrete mixture is back breaking.

Can anyone give me any ideas as to how I could get concrete to the back of the house, without permanantely blocking access??

thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
you are whinging about 2 tonne, try 4 tonne, took me 2 days (and yes i got a back ache)

have a wheel barrow party?

as i have said you have nothing really to complain about, it is possible to hire conveor belts for just your purpose, but i bet they cost more than the stuff you want to shift

1 ton = 1,000 kg rental = more than stuff ( i bet) novel idea though (and you still have to push it)

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
1 ton = 1,000 kg rental = more than stuff ( i bet) novel idea though (and you still have to push it)

Oder it for delivery on World Cup match day, invite lots of friends to push, with the incentive of free beer during match. Job done ;)

if your really that lazy then most hire shops do conveyor systems that can be hired for just that sort of problem site.

Wheelbarrow, youre lucky ive shifted the stuff in large buckets before on similar sites. Alternativly get it delivered in small bags that are easier to handle and move (more expensive though)

Try shifting it through the terrace house hallway sharp left hand bend, quick turn to the right and mind the kitchen units & the owner also wouldn't let me take the flipping carpet up or the unit doors :!: , yours is no problem ;)

lol!! I'm sorry...i am whinging!

I guess I'll just have to make do with a wheel barrow...

...anyway thanks for your help

You can hire a mini dumper but it will add to your costs.
mucktruckdigger.jpg
mtnarrow.jpg

How far is the point you need it dropping off to the corner? As some have large extented arms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back