hiding my dodgy work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have installed a "behind the wall" shower valve in my bathroom and made the stupid mistake of not leaving enough space for the valve to stick out with the adhesive, tile and face plate taken into account. Now it's far too much work to take it all apart, what I have done is cut a much wider hole, to have the plate recessed. The problem with this is the edge around the hole isn't very clean and the red ceramic is visible. I'm not sure the grouting will hide this very well. Does anyone know of something I could fit around the edge of this hole to make it look neater> I mean some kind of edging. Chrome would be ideal to match the other bits, but black or white would be fine as well (I expect it's easier to find a rubber one).
Thanks...

Sponsored Links
I'd find a local friendly catering supplies welder (usually found under railway arches and industrial estates) and get him to cut a very large stainless steel 'washer' out of 304 or similar grade ss, then weld to it a lenght of fat tubing to the depth of the recess, silicone that over the bodge, et voila.

b.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back