Hiding Shower Pipe in the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am re-plumbing my electric shower and trying to hide the water supply pipe between the brick and plaster board. There is enough room for the pipe to go behind. Just wondering how do I get the pipe to go in between the plaster board and the brick? The roof is not high enough to guide it through a hole. Do I need to cut the pipe and use a joint to re-connect once it is in place?

Sponsored Links
useally put the pipe in before the plasterboard is secured to the wall.
or use plastic pipe behind the plasterboard.

If you're going to tile it afterwards, just cut out a big enough section of plasterboard to get everything exactly where you want it. Fit battens round the hole and screw your bit of plasterboard back in place. It hasn't got to be pretty, just flat enough to tile over.

I am not too keen on the idea of concealed pipe fittings other than soldered copper ones.

Sponsored Links
I am not too keen on the idea of concealed pipe fittings other than soldered copper ones.
Those are the ones that generate the most leaks.

is that in your vast plumbing experience then :rolleyes:

and it's balls anyway compression are more likley to leak

and you shouldn't put a joint in at all if your gonna tile over it

If you're going to tile it afterwards, just cut out a big enough section of plasterboard to get everything exactly where you want it. Fit battens round the hole and screw your bit of plasterboard back in place. It hasn't got to be pretty, just flat enough to tile over.

Is there a problem with cutting out the plaster board only the width of the pipe and then use fuller to fill the hole, once the pipe is in place?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back