High level bulb removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

does anyone where I can get a high level bulb remover in the UK. I have seen them on the internet but would have to import them from America.

The type I am looking for are telescopic to fit over various size bulbs.

Cheers Sacko

Sponsored Links
That's fine for a screw on bulb (as in ES) but for bayonet fittings, where the fitting needs to be held firmly- push bulb up and twist 120 degs I really can't imagine that anything other that your hands and arms would work.

Could you post a link to the one's form the US that you mention?

How would it handle a light that points up, rather than downward?

I'm curious- please

They are just a rubber sucker, buy a childs bow & arrow & a long bamboo cane.

Sponsored Links
Ummmm not quite the same jj. That's a bit like buying a push-bike to compete in the GP Superbike championship.

I need this for industrial use. I don't think my maintainance crew would be very impressed.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

sacko

problem is that loads of fittings for lights in the UK are BC type on pendant leads. This requires the lamp to be held static to push up against the springs and then twist.

Thanks for the link, but I really think this product would be a waste of money.

Since you mention it's for commercial work, I'd stick with the traditional method and just factor in the HSE elements such as towers or approved ladder use for the labour costs.

Even with a fixed lamp, such as GU10 spots / down lighters you have an issue- How would you remove the retaining circlip / spring befor the lamp remover could be used.

If the product went to the Dragons Den- it would get Nil points :D

On the other hand if you decided you were going to use a sucker based remover at installation time presumablly you could make sure you select suitable fittings.

Why don't you import one from America? The exchange rate is $2 to the pound.
Just remember to account for VAT, customs handling charge (about £10 if it comes through the post, a lot more with some couriers) and if you make a very big order customs duty (afaict you don't start paying customs duty until your order value is over £200) delivery and payment handling charges.

also many suppliers in the US including the one linked won't ship across the pond so you may need to get a friend over there to purchase it for you and ship it on but even assuming you could persuade them to.

$57 item
lets say $20 postage (I'm guessing but it is probablly quite heavy)

That is arround $80 order value including delivery (which is what customs will be interested in), at $2 to £1 that is £40

Card surcharge: £1.50 or so and a percent or so on the exchange rate, probablly about £2 total.
VAT (usually payed COD): £7
customs duty: not relavent
custom handling charge (assuming the postal service was used): £10

total cost arround £60

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back