High Resistance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anbody shed some light on this problem please? I have 2 zones showing 65528 Ohms resistance, one is not used (1004) and programmed as spare the other (1015) is set as a RF zone. The panel is a Galaxy g2-20. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Sorry, I don't know much about alarms, but a bit about electronics!
That value sounds suspiciously close to an over-range value on a 16bit ADC - so I would suspect that 65k Ohm isn't the true resistance value, but your (1015) zone is open circuit.
But, I may be wrong and will defer to higher powers! :)

Last edited:
Indeed 65K does sound like open circuit, not familiar with Galaxy panels so cant advise why the radio zone is showing open circuit resistance of 65k.

I would need to to know the device connected and to look at the manuals for correct operation.

The sensor is a SHK8M. Not back near the panel till w/end as its in daughter's house. Thanks for the replies.

Sponsored Links
Update. I have installed an ir8m in the spare zone which has cleared the high resistance but it is still showing high on shk8m zone.

Would this mean the zone isn't set up properly as the other rf zones show rf information? The sensor seems to be working properly and has been walk tested satisfactorily.

Have power cycled the panel and all is back to normal. Thanks all for your assistance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back