Hikvision Dome Camera is "Stretched"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This particular camera connected to my NVR has a stretched/widescreen type output. The date display (at the top of the screen) when viewing Live Mode is also stretched. I've compared the various Image and Video settings with my other cameras (where this isn't the issue) and there is no discernible difference.

Can anyone shed some light on this please. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
hard to say, how are you viewing and comparing?
same cameras in same viewing?

for example you can view full, 16:9 or 4:3 you saying the NVR/Camera settings are the same for them all?

hard to say, how are you viewing and comparing?
same cameras in same viewing?
The image appears stretched in the mobile app and also when viewed in the browser.

for example you can view full, 16:9 or 4:3 you saying the NVR/Camera settings are the same for them all?

In here, the settings are identical for all cameras:
upload_2021-1-15_9-48-55.png

Appreciate your help with this.

Sponsored Links
I've set it as follows:
upload_2021-1-15_12-44-1.png

The available resolutions are much lower when I select the "Sub Stream" option.
This hasn't made a difference to the image. It is still stretched.

like I say its a case of the settings matching up if they are the same camera for them to look the same.

what is the orientation of the camera compared to the others?

640 x 360 but orientated 360 x 640 , sometimes to get the view required cameras are rotated 90 degrees which means they are taller than the would normally be wide

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back