Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Anyone own one of these and does it 100% support H.265+ compression?

The shop I'm buying from said it doesn't, but I'm sure I read some where that it does.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I downloaded the data sheet from the website I'm buying from and it backed up what the seller said that it doesn't support H.265+, but I've just received an email from Hikvision them selves with a data sheet attached that says it does.

Can some anyone confirm if it does support H.265+ or not?

This is all getting very confusing and frustrating that I get 2 different answers.

Did you stress the + ? The spec sheet I found says - Support H.265/H.264/MPEG4 video formats

Which says to me it doesn’t support h.265+

918191B5-AB3B-4B12-8899-D50AF8F8A103.png Firmware depending ...looks like the new version does

Sponsored Links
Yes.
I have a DS7608NI-12/8P with firmware v4.1.10

It is recording two cameras at H265+. The other cameras are a little older and are only capable of H264 and H264+

Just thinking further on this.
The encoding takes place in the camera, not the recorder. The recorder just saves the bitstream from the camera and in theory it should be transparent to the compression mode in use.
But there may be an issue on decoding for playback.

You are correct which is the advantage of IP cams. I never bother about H265+. Can cause more hassle than it’s worth. H265 is all I use for my clients.

Don't use the compression if you are wanting snap shots sent to you, as you will find due to how 265/ 265+ works some could be blank.

Usually says on the box, some of the units key features

I ordered the DS-7608NI-I2/8P and it does have the H.265+.

Very pleased with it so far. Just got to fit some Noctua fans in it tomorrow to make it nice and quiet.

Thanks all for your help and advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back