Hikvision - how to turn off IR on cameras?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

A fairly new install and i'm just tweaking with settings etc so will have a couple of questions I imagine over the next week or two... first one...:

Can I turn off the IR on cameras? I've been told it might improve night time quality if there's light available which there is....NVR is a Hikvision DS-7608NI and cameras are DS-2CD2385FWD-I. I can't for the life of me find the settings to do this. Have tried on the NVR and the web interface but can't find either.

thanks

Stuart

Sponsored Links

You should then go to:

Advancedconfig>system>service

It “should” be in there. Just un-select IR

Thanks. Not sure I'm in the webpage for the camera though... how do I access that as opposed to just the NVR webpage?

Or is that what you mean?!

Sponsored Links
I don’t use a nvr myself but a dedicated blueiris server.
So did you set this up with ip allocated to each camera on your network?

Other than that (credit to ipcam talk)

“Enter your IP of the NVR on MOzzilla browser, then

go to: Network/advance settings/other/enable virtual host

then it will be in :

system/camera mangement/ on the right hand side click the IP's to what ever camera you want”

Last edited:
Hi Stuart,

to access a camera that's connected directly to the NVR via a web browser.

You need to either be connected to the local network, or have port forwarding set up for each individual camera to access remotely.

If its local network you are on, then its a case of clicking on the camera link in the webbrowser if external is the external ip address and the port. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:65001

Thanks both.

Wayne - cheers. Accessing remotely at the moment so will wait until i'm local again!

Appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back