Hinges for concealed door?

Sponsored Links
Looked into this myself, I was thinking of cutting another door into the eaves space and using a mirror as a door. I figured laying it on and using 3 kitchen cabinet hinges would work.
Just never got around to it.

with a touch latch so no handles.

I have an idea there are special hinges you can use with a touch latch, I suppose they have springs.

but no good if you need a fire door.

PS I figured the hinges are sprung so no catches required.

Sponsored Links
Looked into this myself, I was thinking of cutting another door into the eaves space and using a mirror as a door. I figured laying it on and using 3 kitchen cabinet hinges would work.
Just never got around to it.
The surround overlaps the door-way so kitchen hinges would not allow this.

how about the hinges for "in-frame" kitchen doors?

there is a hinge used in some home safes that would do it, they have a curved plate from the pivot to the inner face of the door.

by "door in frame" I mean this sort of thing. I don't care for them myself.

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Howdens-H...039879?hash=item238e1bc4c7:g:21wAAOSwsm1Zv67o

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I think the hinge may be this one

s-l1600.jpg

to reach round the frame

Pivot hinges, such as https://www.screwfix.com/p/-/3651p
The part of the door between the hinge and frame goes inwards when the door opens out, so you will need to accommodate for that in the design of the door and frame.
Totally invisible when door is closed, and will also carry a substantial weight if required.

if their hinges are invisible, why are they posting photos? :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back