Hip to Gablensure over existing 2 storey extension

I don't think Hilton's relevant here - but I'm a little surprised that the original planning permission didn't extend the roof.

Sponsored Links
I don't think Hilton's relevant here - but I'm a little surprised that the original planning permission didn't extend the roof.
If you read the transcript, in my opinion it could be relevant, but I wouldn't try and advise a client to argue the case to a Planning Inspector! :)

Sponsored Links
Hi, just another quick question,

Does anyone know the order of building controls inspections, ie what they will check each visit/how many visits?

Thanks

They will want to be informed 48 hours before you begin, then to see anything like steel beams, padstones, new floor joists before they are covered over.

Inspections are now risk assessed and are not just based on the work but the likelihood of a job being messed up by DIY/Romanian/proper builders.

With proper builders say, probably two visits - one to see the structure and supports, and one for completion.

Inspections are now risk assessed and are not just based on the work but the likelihood of a job being messed up by DIY/Romanian/proper builders.

With proper builders say, probably two visits - one to see the structure and supports, and one for completion.

Seriously?

The nationality of the builder has little bearing on their competency.

Of course it does. I'd not trust an Inuit on anything that does not have walls of ice and a domed roof. :rolleyes:

Apart from that, the risks of crap work increase when people don't actually know how to build, have no training in construction, (particularly UK methods and requirements), and no concept of building standards. A greater proportion of these people are recent imports.

Do they share their workings with the householder, or is it all in the mind of the inspector?

Workings?

They will tell you about the inspections either in the registration confirmation letter, or on site. Along with a note stating that there will be a charge for additional inspections.

I'm just booking ours so I'll let you know what he says and when he wants to see it again.

So far I have steels in and loft floor joists.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back