Hiring a plasterer on a daily rate

The plaster is doing a good job and working fast. Shame I can’t say the same for B&Q...

Short version....
B&Q are useless at delivering stuff and messed up at every staged of the process.

Long version.....
Called the local B&Q warehouse, and gave them my order. 1 ton of plastering sand, some bags of multi finishing plaster and cement. Came to pay and they said they can only deliver to the cardholders address for telephone orders, if I wanted delivery to a different address then I would have to come to the store.

So I went to the store and gave them my order. The man said we don’t do plastering sand in 1 ton bags here, you will have to go to a larger store. I pointed out that they seemed to have it 10 minutes ago when I spoke to them on the phone. He said I must have been talking to an idiot!

Drove 10 miles the next nearest warehouse. Was told I needed to speak to Roy, as he does the ordering. Spent 20 minutes trying to find him. When he finally arrived, he got the order into the computer, but had no idea how to schedule a delivery. After 15 minutes of trying he went to get someone else. Another 15 minutes, then he went to get a third person who managed to get it done.

The day before delivery, I got an SMS confirming delivery would be tomorrow before 9:30, but no mention of what the earliest time might be. So I called to ask and was told ‘not before 8:30’.

Arrived at the house at 8:00AM. While waiting, I read the SMS again and noticed that it said delivery on 4th Sept. I called them to confirm it was actually coming today, the 4th of OCTOBER. He said yes, I was the first drop on the list and deliveries start at 7:30 ! Thinking I might have missed it, I pointed out that I was told delivery would be after 8:30. He called the driver and said, no, he will be there shortly.

He arrived at 9:45 with the bags of plaster and cement, but without the 1 ton bag of plastering sand ! I told him that only the sand was important, the rest of it I could have collected in my car. He said, sorry, they must have forgotten to put it on the truck. He said he would come back with it later.

At 4:30PM he finally came back with my sand.

Just to round the story off nicely, few days later, the plasterer needed more sand. He went to the first store (that said they don’t sell it). This time they DID sell it. He placed an order and was assured it would arrive the following day first thing in the morning. It did arrive the following day, but not until 4:00PM.

I won’t be ordering anything with delivery from B&Q again, that’s for sure !

Sponsored Links
was this taradepiont or the b&q bit as tradepoint is s**t hot m8
but iv not even got one nere me now

yer go too jewsons or tp and pay out the arse or go to tradepiont and get it at trae prices think i know were im going lol
im starting to loke wickes

Sponsored Links
I said local, not Jewsons or TP. ;)

I get a trade discount at a merchant just up the road from me.

if i do got to a big shed merchant i always use wickes or if not i just go to my local merchant.
theres a one off merchants near me right in between a jewsons and a TP and thier prices are brilliant compared to thier larger counterparts (jewsons and TP) although one day they were shut so i used jewsons and left feeling like i had just had me pants pulled down......sad times :(

Last time I used Jewsons I could've sworn I felt a boot impacting my arse on the way out. Friendly people, them.

i use jewsons for hire at the mo as i get 40%
ans bits here and there if you know what i meen

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back