Hiring Tradesmen .........Advice

hello, having recently posted here, I was interested so read this from a customer point of view.
I did all the recommended and chose a mid to upper price band and relied on photos provided and one personal recommendation.
I chose to use a local business as I thought it was the right thing to do.

Unfortunately, perhaps through ignorance on my part, I have come unstuck on customer after care.... rather big style.

So, from a customer point of view, I accept things can always take a turn for the worse but a major plus is a companies or an individuals response to putting things right when things go wrong.

Sponsored Links
Good advice from Micilin as usual. It's amazing though, that so many people fail to understand and apply this simple procedure when hiring a tradesman. No wonder so many people are ripped off and left with shoddy work.

As an aside,, i had a word with Joe's surgeon today, and was informed that his "vindication" is coming along nicely. It's still a little tender at the tip, but a few days rest will do it the world of good. :LOL:

as an aside....... At least he does not threaten anyone....

so a top bloke

Good advice from Micilin as usual. It's amazing though, that so many people fail to understand and apply this simple procedure when hiring a tradesman. No wonder so many people are ripped off and left with shoddy work.

As an aside,, i had a word with Joe's surgeon today, and was informed that his "vindication" is coming along nicely. It's still a little tender at the tip, but a few days rest will do it the world of good. :LOL:

as an aside....... At least he does not threaten anyone....

so a top bloke
Does that mean you have at least one friend on here Gerrumph?

When last did you see a thread on here, that dos'nt end with insults/childish behaviour? GD has gone to the dogs. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
When last did you see a thread on here, that dos'nt end with insults/childish behaviour? GD has gone to the dogs. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It seems they are few and far between unfortunately ...... if only people could resist rising to the bait every time ...... but then maybe they enjoy it..... :confused:

It seems they are few and far between unfortunately ...... if only people could resist rising to the bait every time ...... but then maybe they enjoy it..... :confused:

It's daft really. It does not help with banned members coming back IMO. Cumbrian is already back as the IP address matches his banned profile.

I like the GD forum banter from time to time, but I do spend most of my time in the CC where things are much more civilised. Joe and LMB don't like it though.... hence the blatantly obvious fake I'd's set up to test the plumbers. Sooey saw through it immediately - a very clever chap.

Cumbrian is already back as the IP address matches his banned profile..
Er, to my knowledge only those with a minimum of modding capabilities have access to IP addresses on php servers. :eek: :confused:

Not when your sent more abusive e-mails they're not. I've already told you the swear filter does not work on here - IP addresses can be looked by anyone on here who decides to use it. Kevplumb did it a year or 2 back. ;) Anyone posting on here shows me their IP address and I'm no Mod, just a regular dude.

Not when your sent more abusive e-mails they're not. I've already told you the swear filter does not work on here - IP addresses can be looked by anyone on here who decides to use it. Kevplumb did it a year or 2 back. ;) Anyone posting on here shows me their IP address and I'm no Mod, just a regular dude.
Well, that's something to dig around and explore :)

In any case, I should have aired my suspicions via pm since anonymity of the mods is the, er, modus operandi on here :oops:

If Mr dubya can match IP's, Surely he would have already known this. ?

A question mark includes a 'full stop'. Why are you LMB all of a sudden? I was not referring to you. Stop the paranoia - your not that important.

Sponsored Links
Back