Hissing sound in wall

Get a metal detector, or abandon old pipes and run new pipes to where ever you need to supply your water to, is there a loft tank?

Sponsored Links
A loft tank with a faulty valve can create a hiss noise which will reverberate down the copper feed.

Get a metal detector, or abandon old pipes and run new pipes to where ever you need to supply your water to, is there a loft tank?

No, no loft tanks at all. Also, we live in a suburban neighborhood in Florida. The houses here are all built on concrete I believe. We tore down pieces of the wall in the shower. We believe we may have located it: the cold water pipe at the elbow.

the water leak might be underground or in the kitchen floor.

Turn off your indoor stopcock while leaving the outdoor one open, then the other way round. Which stops the noise?

Do you have lead pipes?

Sponsored Links

No, no loft tanks at all. Also, we live in a suburban neighborhood in Florida. The houses here are all built on concrete I believe. We tore down pieces of the wall in the shower. We believe we may have located it: the cold water pipe at the elbow.
Great, I should have looked more closely , indeed you are from America, stars and stripes i missed. well done though and hope you can now mend it, they call taps faucets in Merica.

So where has the water been going? Have you found the wet spot yet :sneaky:

Its a good job most US walls appear to be plasterboard and not solid brick. At least, that's what it seems on telly!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back