Hit and miss vents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have wall vents with cheap DIY style thin plastic hit and miss vents. So thin they rattle when it's windy. Vents need to be hit and miss due to an open fire but wanted something really ' hit and miss' ie can open when fire lit but really closed without draught when not. Can find brass, chrome etc but wanted white metal to be sturdy and match room. Can't find white metal ones anywhere, anyone have an idea please???

Sponsored Links
Can be dangerous if you forget too open, should have open vents for open fire.

Thanks Foxhole problem is there is more than one vent and if i have open vents the room is freezing and fire is not used often hence they were fitted with hit and miss plastic vents initially. Appreciate reply and aware of danger in not opening them but really want sturdy hit and miss vents and will make sure i open when fire is lit!!.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Foxhole problem is there is more than one vent and if i have open vents the room is freezing and fire is not used often hence they were fitted with hit and miss plastic vents initially. Appreciate reply and aware of danger in not opening them but really want sturdy hit and miss vents and will make sure i open when fire is lit!!.

The day you forget to open the new Hit and Miss vents could be the day you will regret .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back